One of the reasons why iPhone is so famous is because of its software, the humble iOS. Apple’s exclusive mobile operating system has been mated so well with the iPhone’s hardware that it runs the device like a dream. So if the iOS is so good, why do people want to know how to jailbreak iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus?
Why Do People Jailbreak iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6?
iOS is too good; no doubt there. But it has its own limitations that Apple has so cruelly put to good use. You see, you cannot install apps on iOS from anywhere other than Apple’s own App Store. This ensures that only clean, high-quality apps make it to the users of iOS, thus keeping the device safe and secure.
Also, the features and major components of iOS cannot be modified by the user as the core of iOS is locked by Apple. Of course, iOS customization has taken a huge hit due to this concern. That’s why people jailbreak iPhone 6 and other iOS devices just to get freedom from Apple’s crazy limitations.
So How Does Jailbreaking iPhone 6 Benefit the User?
Jailbreaking iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 6 gives root access to the user, thus making way for great customization options. After installing the iPhone 6 jailbreak, you can install apps from Cydia and other sources and not just the App Store. You get to modify the current features of iPhone and add more features to the device. After jailbreaking, the sky is the limit when it comes to customizing the iPhone.
Are There Any Risks Associated With Jailbreaking iPhone?
Yes, if you jailbreak iPhone 6 Plus, you should know about the risks too. First of all, the jailbreak isn’t illegal but it isn’t supported by Apple, so it voids your warranty. That’s only a temporary problem though, as you can go back to stock iOS and the jailbreak will be removed, leaving no signs of whether you modified iOS in any way.
There are shady apps and repos in Cydia jailbreak store that can be harmful to your device. Such apps can contain spyware or malware and can steal your information. So if you install iPhone 6 Plus jailbreak, you should only install popular apps and jailbreak tweaks and that too from well-known sources.
So if you are sure about jailbreaking and want to learn how to jailbreak iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 6, the below-given guide will help you out.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus
Before using the Pangu jailbreak for iPhone 6 Plus/iPhone 6, you should do some preparations beforehand that are necessary for a smooth jailbreak experience. Not following the guidelines may result in jailbreaking going wrong, so make sure you perform all the steps given below.
Requirements and Preparations:
Before doing anything else, you must remember to keep your files safe, which is why you must take a complete backup of your iPhone. Having a full backup ensures that if anything goes wrong, you will not lose your files forever. Anyway, your files will get wiped during jailbreaking. If you decide to remove the jailbreak, the backup will be extremely useful when returning to stock iOS.
So use iTunes or iCloud to backup your personal information. Now that we have mentioned iTunes, you need to ensure that your Windows PC or Mac has got the latest version of iTunes running on it. In case you haven’t updated iTunes in a while, you can get the latest release for free from Apple’s website.
You need a USB cable that you will use to connect your phone to your PC. You cannot jailbreak iPhone 6 Plus/iPhone 6 without a computer, note that. Talking about how to jailbreak iPhone 6, you will need to download Pangu jailbreak tool for your computer from the official Pangu website. If the tool comes in a compressed zip or rar file, extract it and keep it ready for use on the desktop.
Lastly, disable any firewalls or anti-virus programs that could obstruct the Pangu jailbreak tool and prevent it from connecting to the internet. This will ensure that nothing goes wrong in between the jailbreak process.
Now that you are all prepared, let’s move on to the main part of how to jailbreak iPhone 6 Plus/iPhone 6.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Using Pangu
- After you have completed the backup of your iPhone using iTunes, you will need to close iTunes. Also, if Xcode is running on the computer, close it.
- In your iPhone, you need to disable Passcode. To do that, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- You also need to deactivate Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud.
- Next, put your iPhone into Airplane mode. You can enable the airplane mode by tapping the airplane icon in the Control Center.
- Finally, connect your iPhone to your computer via USB.
- Now launch the Pangu tool that you downloaded. If you are a Windows user, you need to run the Pangu tool as administrator to avoid jailbreak errors. Simply right-click on the Pangu exe icon and click “Run as Administrator”.
- Once the Pangu tool opens up, it will recognize your iOS device. Now hit the “Start” button, followed by the “Already Backup” button to begin the process.
- After a while, your iPhone will reboot. Shortly after, the Pangu tool will prompt you to turn on the AirPlane mode again. Just do as it says.
- After some more time, the tool will tell you to unlock your iPhone and launch the Pangu app. The Pangu app will be on the Home screen; tap to open it. This app, along with the WWDC app that gets installed at that point, will be removed automatically after the jailbreak process is finished.
- Once you open the Pangu app, tap the “Accept” button and then hit “Allow”. This will give Pangu access to the Photos app, and without doing this, you cannot proceed ahead.
- Now the jailbreak process will continue and your iPhone will reboot again after some time.
- Finally, when the device boots to the Home screen, the Pangu tool will confirm that the iPhone is “Already Jailbroken”. You will also see the Cydia icon on the Home screen of your device. Congrats! You successfully installed the iPhone 6 jailbreak!
You can now disable the AirPlane mode and open Cydia to start installing awesome jailbreak tweaks and apps. Please note that Cydia will take a moment to load up when you open it for the first time.
Was this “how to jailbreak iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus” guide useful? Please comment below and stay tuned for more updates.