In this article, you will learn how to jailbreak iOS 10.1.1.
iOS 10 Jailbreak is the most discussed topic on the internet. While Apple is aggressively patching up the vulnerabilities with the regular release of their updates, developers are finding it difficult to release a stable jailbreak tool. While some famous hackers teased jailbreak video on latest iOS versions, they did not release it to the public. One such hacker, Luca Todesco who is known as qwertyoruiop on Twitter, released a semi untethered jailbreak tool to the public for iOS 10.0.1 – 10.1.1.
So the iOS 10.1.1 jailbreak is unstable, and Cydia substrate is not working properly. You may run into issues, so kindly proceed at your own risk.
iOS 10.1.1 Jailbreak Requirements
- Download and install Cydia Impactor on your PC/Mac/Linux computers.
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Download Yalu Jailbreak IPA app which you will install on your device along with Cydia Impactor.
- You iPhone/iPad must be running iOS 10.0.1 to 10.1.1 for successfully jailbreaking your device with this method.
- Do a complete backup of your device before jailbreaking.
iOS 10.1.1 Jailbreak Supported iDevices
Yalu jailbreak for iOS 10.0.1 – 10.1.1 supports limited 64-bit iDevices and is quite unstable. Not all 64-bit iDevices are supported, and no 32-bit devices are supported either. For 32-bit iDevices, you can jailbreak iOS 9.3.5 using Phoenix Jailbreak. Following the are devices which can be jailbroken with iOS 10.1.1.
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPad Pro
Other 64-bit devices namely iPhone 5S, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPod Touch 6, iPad mini 2/3/4, iPad Air and iPad Air 2 will not support the Yalu jailbreak. We are waiting for iOS 10.3.3 jailbreak, that might support these devices too.
iOS 10.1.1 Jailbreak Procedure
- Open Cydia Impactor you have installed on your computer.
- Connect your device via USB and Cydia impactor will detect the device once properly connected.
- Locate the Yalu IPA file you have downloaded before, drag and drop it on Cydia Impactor.
- Enter your Apple id and password when prompted and wait until the installation is completed.
- Once the process is completed, you will see Yalu app on your device home screen. Don’t launch the app immediately.
- Go to Settings – General – Profiles and Device management and ‘Trust’ the profile of the app you have installed with your Apple id and password.
- Now launch the app and click on ‘Go’ to start the jailbreaking process. It will take few seconds to minutes to complete the procedure.
- Once the app successfully jailbreaks iOS 10.1.1 on your device, it will reboot automatically. You should now see Cydia app icon on your device’s home screen after the reboot.
- That’s all. You have successfully jailbroken iOS 10.1.1 on your device.
iOS 10.1.1 Jailbreak Stability
Cydia substrate for iOS 10.0.1 – 10.1.1 Jailbreak is quite unstable and is still in beta state. Luca Todesco has released a more stable version of this jailbreak which supports iOS 10.2 jailbreak.
Note that jailbreak for iOS 10.1.1 is a semi-untethered which means you will lose your jailbreak if you reboot your device. You need to re-jailbreak again. The Yalu app will expire after seven days if you have a free Apple id. It will not remove your jailbreak after seven days. Cydia app and the iOS 10.1.1 jailbreak state remain intact. If you reboot your device regularly, you need to have Yalu app on your device to re-jailbreak again.
Note that tweaks which you can install from Cydia are very limited as Cydia substrate is unstable. You may run into issues, or Cydia may crash. Proceed with caution.
Meanwhile, check out the iOS 11 features which is about to release in a few weeks. Currently, iOS 11 beta 7 IPSW download available publicly, however, none of the hackers promised a successful iOS 11 jailbreak yet.
Share your opinions about iOS 10.1.1 jailbreak in comments below.