Phoenix Jailbreak is a semi-untethered jailbreak for iOS 9.3.5 running 32-bit iDevices. The whole credit goes to the hard work of Siguza and Thimstar (Chinese developers). In this article, we will tell you how to jailbreak iOS 9.3.5 using Phoenix jailbreak.
Table of Contents
Phoenix Jailbreak Requirements
To make sure, everything goes smoothing during iOS jailbreak process, it is recommended that you make a backup of your iPhone/iPad before using jailbreak tool. Apart from this, ensure the following points-
- In order to use Phoenix jailbreak, your device must run iOS 9.3.5.
- Download Cydia Impactor
- Download Phoenix Jailbreak IPA file
Well, don’t high your hopes just by reading that your device should run iOS 9.3.5. If you device is 64-bit, you can’t jailbreak it with Phoenix even though you are using 9.3.5 iOS version.
So which iPhones/iPads/iPods support the Phoenix Jailbreak?
Phoenix Jailbreak Supported iDevices
Well, you can run Phoenix jailbreak on 32-bit iDevices (released before iPhone 5S). Following is the list of devices which you can jailbreak today.. and it is working.
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPad 4
- iPad Mini 1
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPod touch 5
Yes, that’s all. No other iPhone/iPad is supported for this jailbreak method. If you try it on other iPhone versions, it could break the device. So be careful and do not play with it on unsupported models.
NOTE: Jailbreaking will void the warranty of the device and may cause irreversible damages. We may not be held responsible for any damages incurred. Proceed at your own risk.
How to Jailbreak iOS with Phoenix
If you have decided to finally try out the iOS 9.3.5 Phoenix jailbreak on your 32-bit iDevice, follow the guide below.
• Download Cydia Impactor for your PC. Cydia Impactor is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. After downloading, install it on your PC.
• Download Phoenix app (ipa file).
• Open the Cydia Impactor and install the Phoenix ipa which you have downloaded in step above. Drag the IPA file to the top section in Cydia impactor and click start. Enter your Apple App store credentials when prompted.
• Once the installation is completed, don’t just open the Phoenix app on your iPhone or iPad. Go to Settings – General – Profiles and Trust the profile which has your Apple ID. This means you are allowing the Phoenix app as a trusted app which was installed with your Apple id and password.
• Open the Phoenix app on your device and tap on ‘Prepare for Jailbreak’. Once the app successfully jailbreaks your device, it will reboot and you can see Cydia app on your home screen.
• Open the Cydia and let it load all the substrates. If you see any updates available in the app, update them.
Phoenix Jailbreak: FAQs
Q. Why did Phoenix not jailbreak my iPhone/iPad?
Ans. Keep trying until you succeed. Developers have already confirmed that the Phoenix app may fail sometimes, and the best fix is to keep trying until you succeed in jailbreaking your iOS 9.3.5.
Q. Why Jailbreak or Cydia app disappeared after rebooting my iPhone or iPad?
Ans. This is not an error technically. As iOS 9.3.5 jailbreak is a semi–untethered jailbreak, you will lose jailbreak every time you restart your iPhone or iPad. You can rerun the Phoenix app to rejailbreak. Just launch the Phoenix app and tap on ‘kickstart jailbreak’.
Q. Why Phoenix app, Cydia and Jailbreak disappeared after 7 days?
Ans. Yes, the Phoenix app vanishes after 7 days and this is because you have a free Apple id. To install the app, follow the above tutorial again, install Phoenix app using Cydia impactor and re-jailbreak your device.
The above guide should help you jailbreak iOS 9.3.5 using Phoenix app. Let us know if you could successfully jailbreak your iPhone / iPad with Phoenix Jailbreak? Comment below.